BANTING DO’S AND DON’T’S
William Banting created this incredible for of diet, Banting and it has fast become the new form of lifestyle for many people. There is much success in this diet that is if it is followed religiously. The Banting diet helps to restrict the amount of carbohydrates you eat which helps you to reduce your hunger cravings. When the carbohydrate consumption is reduced, it boosts ketosis in the body which helps to break down fat tissues and it generates ketone bodies in the blood which it uses as a substitute energy fuel for the body, instead of using the glucose which you get from carbohydrates. When the weight and fat is condensed, it makes the Banting diet much more operational for weight loss.
So, if you choose this as your form of lifestyle and want results here are some pointers that will help you achieve the very best out of the Banting Diet.
- eat enough of vegetables, as this should be your bulk food as vegetables are low in carbohydrates and full of the best nutrients needed for the body
- eat enough of animal fat, as this is the focal point of the diet, as small intakes of fat help you to become full and which stops the body from cravings
- eat plenty of proteins like, beef, fish, eggs, fish, chicken, unsalted nuts and biltong
- consume only healthy fats like butter, olive oil and coconut oil
- snack for the first week of banting
- over or under eat, when you are full, stop eating
- eat too much protein
- eat too much dairy
- eat too much fruits and nuts as some fruits have a high sugar content
- eat any sugars, grains, wheat, gluten or cereals
- eat simple carbohydrates like white bread, white rice, potatoes, pasta and food made with flour
- eat processed food
- cook with vegetable oil
- use sweeteners or honey
banting has many benefits if it is followed properly as a person who chooses this form of Banting lifestyle feels more energized, they see a dramatic change in their weight, they do not have those awful hunger cravings and it improves the blood and insulin levels in the body. Banting compromises of the 3 coloured list, red are the food that should not be eaten, orange is the foods that should be eaten in moderation and the green list, foods that can be eaten. So, to sum up like any form of diet, if followed correctly you will achieve the results you want, Banting is not a diet it is a form of lifestyle, a lifestyle that promotes a good and healthy lifestyle. So if you want the best out of life, go the Banting way and choose the green way of life.